Many people are under the impression that even with the help of a government negligence lawyer Phoenix AZ residents trust, it’s impossible to win a legal claim against the government for negligence. Due to the sovereign immunity doctrine, there are some situations in which you cannot pursue the government in a legal claim. However, a government negligence lawyer Phoenix AZ community members entrust with these complex cases can help you if your situation applies under the Federal Claims Tort Act.
If buildings, roadways, and recreational parks are not properly maintained and this leads to an injury, you may be able to pursue a claim with the help of a Phoenix government negligence lawyer. Compensation for injuries can be pursued as well if you have been injured or if a loved one was killed in a car accident associated with a state-owned vehicle. Since the legal issues involved are so complex, a government negligence lawyer in Phoenix AZ is strongly recommended.
Federal Tort Claims Act
In 1946, the U.S. Congress enacted the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). This important piece of legislation created a sovereign immunity waiver. It allows private individuals to sue the government for civil wrongs or torts committed against them by government employees. These most frequently involve allegations of personal injury associated with the actions of a government employee who is on the job.
- Experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyers can represent clients in cases involving exposure to toxic chemicals, medical malpractice, and similar litigation.
- FTCA cases must first go through the settlement process between the attorneys representing the parties. This is why it is essential to identify a knowledgeable and experienced government negligence lawyer Phoenix AZ is proud to have representing the injured in these claims.
- The FTCA spells out the procedures and rules by which claims must be brought and settled including which government forums you must use to initiate the claim.
- It is essential to make your claim promptly and with the help of an experienced Phoenix government negligence lawyer who has handled cases like this before.
- It is imperative that your government negligence lawyer Phoenix AZ trusts understands how to settle cases under this particular act and knows the proper actions to take to keep you informed throughout the duration of the case.
- Federal Tort Claims attorneys can assist you with medical malpractice and personal injury cases including exposure to toxic substances, medical malpractice, birth injuries, and wrongful death.
Determination of Damages
When negligence is associated with the actions of a government employee in the course of his or her duties, the claim must be for what is known as a ‘sum certain’ of damages. This refers to a specific amount as supported by evidence associated with the extent and the nature of the injury. This is the upper limit of what the government will pay which is why it is essential to hire a knowledgeable government negligence claims attorney who can help you compute this number.
Dedicated Government Negligence Help from Alex & Saavedra
The FTCA also determines that the United States can be held liable for monetary damages in the same way and to the same extent as any private individual in similar situations. This means that all economic and non-economic damages that are also allowed under Arizona law are eligible for individuals pursuing claims against the government. Alex & Saavedra can provide you with an experienced government negligence lawyer Phoenix AZ turns to after a serious accident.