A Wrongful Death Lawyer Phoenix AZ Trusts
Before hiring a top wrongful death lawyer Phoenix AZ provides, it may be helpful to weigh the potential value of the case against the costs. Because each case is unique, the final decision should probably be made after consulting wrongful death lawyer in Phoenix AZ. The lawyers at Alex & Saavedra, P.C. have helped clients since 1974. We provide free case evaluations with no obligations. Call our firm today if you would like to speak to a lawyer about your wrongful death case.
The following is some general information that may be helpful in deciding whether or not to pursue wrongful death litigation.
Determining the Value of a Wrongful Death Case
The intention of a wrongful death settlement or jury award is for the deceased’s spouse, children, or parents to recover economic and noneconomic damages from the negligent party that caused the victim’s death. For many losses, assigning a dollar value can be challenging and subjective. This is why consulting a Phoenix AZ wrongful death lawyer to examine your particular case may be of great help.
Who can file a wrongful death suit against the responsible parties?
A skilled wrongful death lawyer Phoenix AZ offers may review your case and recommend whether or not to pursue litigation. Those eligible to recover losses in a wrongful death suit are usually limited to those who are legally tied to the deceased, including:
- Wife or husband
- Parents (usually if there is no spouse or children, or if the deceased is a minor)
Potential Economic Damages
After hiring a wrongful death lawyer Phoenix AZ families recommend, economic damages may be considered. As a general rule of thumb, economic damages often take the following into account:
- The total amount of wages the deceased would have earned in his or her lifetime
- Retirement income and monetary value of health insurance and other benefits
- The financial value of the deceased’s contributions to the household such as the labor costs for:
- Home repairs
- Vehicle maintenance
- Laundry and other household tasks
These financial considerations may be weighed against several factors, including:
- The decedent’s age at the time of death and their life expectancy
- The age of the decedent’s heirs and their life expectancy
- The overall health of the decedent at the time of death
- The total number of years the decedent might have lived
- The disposition of the decedent in terms of affection or level of kindness
- The amount of inheritance the heirs may have received if the decedent had lived for an average lifespan
Potential Non-Economic Damages
When you’ve lost a loved one and work with a wrongful death lawyer Phoenix AZ families trust, non-economic damages may be determined. It is quite common for the damages to include these losses:
- Physical protection
- Emotional support
Contact a Wrongful Death Lawyer Phoenix AZ Residents Respect
The lawyers at Alex & Saavedra, P.C. have helped many clients pursue wrongful death claims. If you would like to speak with a wrongful death lawyer Phoenix AZ victims trust, contact our firm today at (602) 910-2459.